Re: Rivalry between healers

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:35:34 GMT

In message <009901c68fab$57f9b500$0200a8c0_at_andre1> "Osentalka" writes:

>But what about the Heortling healing goddess, Chalana Arroy, and
>the Solar healing goddess, Erissa, and the Lunar healing goddess,
>Deezola?
>
>All want to heal anybody, and they are pacifists.

Chalana Arroy isn't the main Heortling healing goddess - that's the healing aspect of Ernalda. I'm not sure how close this is to canon but my view is that CA is seen and even feared as an eccentric - she'll heal just about anyone. The Ernaldan healers regard her followers as someone to turn to when they're stuck and a source of knowledge and training but not really part of clan and tribe.

I don't know much about Erissa but I remember seeing a suggestion that she's the same goddess as Chalana Arroy but that may just be what the Godlearners think. Alternatively Erissa could be the solar equivelent to the healing aspect of Ernalda.

Is Deezola just a healing goddess? I've seen references to Deezola the Queen which suggests that she is another earth goddess with multiple aspects like Ernalda. No doubt this will become clear when ILH2 finally appears.

>What do they think about each other?
>Do they hinder each other?
>Do they cooperate with each other?
>
>Is there a difference how a normal initiate, a priestess, or
>the goddesses themselves see this?

I'm sure this varies with individuals. Some will be glad to co-operate, others will distrust foreigner magic and some will see them as rivals. One of the ways the Lunars will be making converts in Sartar is to send healers to clans to show the benefical power of the Red Goddess. As for what the goddesses themselves think, I've no idea. They may not even be aware of each other.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/