Re: Fan Support vs. Blackmail

From: David Boatright <david.boatright_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:50:58 -0000

Michael Schwartz

>Compare that to Issaries' base of genuine fanatics: I would
>venture that there are perhaps three- to four hundred of us,
>worldwide, if rabid GloranthaCon/Convulsion attendance is any
>indication. These are the people who will purchase everything
>Issaries produces, no matter whether they prefer HERO WARS,
>RUNEQUEST or BUNNIES AND fricking BURROWS as their
>system of choice. People like Kevin McDonald, Mikko Rintasaari
>and Tim Ellis. These are the people who bought every pathethic
>copy of ELDARAD, in the hope it would make a difference.
>People like David Boatright and Rick Meint and myself. We
>zealots will even buy the stuff we do not have immediate plans to
>use. Why? Because the act of supporting the milieu we
>all know and love makes us feel good.

Excellent I seem to be on both side of this at the same time.
>From my point of view I have bought everything so far and will
probably continue to do so. Complaining about something on this list is far cry from being a HW detractor as some seem to think. I don't like the idea of not been considered a supporter of Issaries unless I _guarantee_ that I will buy everything. And would defiantly not like the idea of a company taking this guarantee for granted.