RE: Choosing 'another way' and play-group trust.

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:48:08 -0000

Hi All,

Some brief examples of how healers *can* get out there and do more than just bandage people after the action is over. In the game I was running yesterday my friend Jason's Chalana Arroy healer ended up dangling from a rope at the bottom of a well desperately trying to cleanse it of a disease spirit she had discovered.

And that's not the only time healers have got in there and mixed it in the HW games and demos I've run:

Just because your character can't swing an axe or whatever at someone, it doesn't mean they can't do the action-adventure bit if that's what you're after. Pacifists are heroes too, often more so than the warriors...

Yes, the things that farmers, steadwives, healers do every day might not seem as "exciting" as the things that warriors do every day. But our games are about the times when things get out of the ordinary, aren't they?

One of my "stock" scenarios is about escorting cattle across the tula as a gift to a neighouring. Think how useful a Uraldan PC can be when it all starts to go horribly wrong? Frightened cows are *hard* to slow down. :)

Regards,

Bruce