Re: Choosing 'another way' and play-group trust.

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:50:10 -0000

> I agree with both Michael and Guy on this, and would add an
> additional point: it takes quite a bit of player trust in the
> narrator to create a non-combat oriented character, and narrator
> trust in the players to run non-combat oriented scenarios.

A counter opinion here (for a change)! I had met my GM once for 5 minutes before creating, by email, a character in his game. I chose to create an Issaries merchant.

The problem is that, in any communication type contest, my character Karath is far too dominant. When there is a fight Karath has usually (*) held his own by dint of having some bodyguard followers (and a mule with a nasty kick!).

regards,
Charles

(*) Apart from the time during a fight with trolls where some cold spirits froze him bad, real bad (to the tune of -70APs or so - I spent 5 or 6 Hero Points to get out of that one and hoped that the reaping machine, sorry Humakti, did not finish the contest too quickly!