Re: Re: Household Goddesses

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:08:30 -0700

YGWV Quoting ishldgetoutmore <rmv1_at_...>:

> Sorry for the bothersome questions!

No bother at all. I enjoy these kinds of discussion.

> --- Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...> wrote:
>> In myth, she is the keper of Ernalda's household goods.
>> In a house, a person who took care of the goods would worship her.
>> The ritual role would be to keep the household gods safe, know where
>> they are, find them when lost, count them to know how much is on
>> hand, etc.
>
> Interesting. Do you think it would be appropriate for there to be a
> "path" for an Arnna devotee to migrate to Asrelia from Ernalda?
> Perhaps she is a shared subcult?

No, not really.
All Ernalda meembers join Asrelia if they are lucky enough to make it to old age. Arnna is a subcult of Ernalda. She is the specialization of one of Ernalda's "normal tasks." Whenever a woman does her task, that is, take care of the household goods, then she is manifesting one of Ernalda's powers.

All Arnna women are Ernaldans.
All Ernaldans are not Arnnans.

So the Arnnans naturally enter Astelia when it is time.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford