Re: Harst, grandmothers

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 06:49:13 -0700

YGWV

Greg:
>>> Actually, he is "Spare Grain," His essential task is
>>> to hold he spare grain for the community.
>>
>> Huh? Storm Tribe p117: "Harst is the clan merchant god
>> and inventor of barter... established trade in Dragon
>> Pass... Orlanthi Harst see trading as secondary to
>> their lives in the clan, whereas Issaries Harst
>> merchants dedicate their lives to trading..."

Quoting donald_at_...:

> Which is contradicted by Thunder Rebels pg. 233: "Harst the
> Reeve is the Collector and Dispenser." Then: "He receives
> all the taxes of Orlanth's followers and all the extras that
> each stead produces and then distributes them where the chief
> directs."

Thank you Donald.

I don't think that a couple of paragraphs in any of my books is ever enough to completely explain the compexities of these deities. And, as is well known, I reserve the right to learn more about them as well. But it is always nice to have the references of where I've already done that.

> The routine work on which they spend most of their time is
> keeping track of what the clan has. They have the skill "Tally"
> which is a cult secret so by default they've become the clan
> bookkeeper.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.