Re: Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:37:15 -0700

YGWV Quoting Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>:

>> My take is that a significant number of Ralian natives were sort
> of preadapted to Orlanth and Ernalda worship, probably for a variety

> Could be - everyone lost Orlanth and Ernalda during the Darkness
> (and pretty much every other god or goddess of distinction).

Yes, because they were dead. Some went to th Underworld voluntarily (Lightbringers) and others not (Yelm. But the fact is the gods were nearly all dead, or at best, on th edge of death (Elmal).

> would be surprised if one band of Ralians had worshipped (or
> propitiated) a killing storm to get them through the Darkness,

They may have worshipped one, but it wasn't existant. Unless it was an Underworld storm, a Darkness typhoon, which woujld be worthless to worship except, perhaps, with propitiatory sacrifice.

> but I
> doubt that was widespread. For whatever reason, the Ralians learned
> from the Theyalan missionaries (unlike say the Pelorian horse
> warlords) and embraced the Orlanth religion.

They needed something to better themselves. The Pelorian horse lords of all stripes had underworld powers that helped them and were antithetical to the light and doomed once the sun came out (though of course, the Jenarongites didn't know or accept that.)

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford