Re: Esrolian Grandmothers adn the False Imarjarin

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:01:50 -0000

> >The False Imarjarin was a man given a woman's name by his abusive
> >Grandmother.
> Hmm, did he end up breaking a chair right across her face and
fighting her
> in the mud, and the blood, and the beer?
> "And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him
> Bill or George! Anything but Imarjin!"

Give Roderick 3 Hero Points!!! Of course "A Boy Named Sue" needs to be an Esrolian ballad.:)

> (Note: If you don't know "A Boy Named Sue", the above won't make
any sense
> to you at all. But here's a link to the lyrics:
> http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnnycash/aboynamedsue.html. And
you should
> go out and listen to one of the great country western singers sing
one of
> the great country western songs!)

I concur. I am a big Johnny Cash fan and many of his songs have been sources of inspiration for things Gloranthan. Probably at least as much as the stories of Jorge Luis Borges, the Icelandic sagas and Irish saga and legend. Possible more so.:)

Jeff