Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:13:29 -0000

> >>And yes, there are differences and those should be played
through for MGF, but nonetheless, Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe are still quite
> accurate for game play in Ralios.<<
> I also think that is a useful simplification for gameplay to use a
fairly common Orlanth religion and culture. HQ, TR, and ST have always implied that you should feel free to create local hero cults, or even local subcults of Orlanth's aspects to enhance gameplay, and doing so in Ralios is sure to add local flavour, but I would say that at the level of most gamelplay noting the broadly common structure to the Orlanth religion (and culture) makes gameplay much easier, even if in 'reality' in Ralios they use the 'Seven Dances' ceremony for blessing the sheep-shearing instead of the 'Three Leaps'. YGWV

Ian makes an extremely good point (as usual) which I fully agree with. The Orlanth religion in Ralios broadly follows that described in TR and ST, although there are plenty of new local hero cults and subcults. In contrast, the Storm religion of Umathela does not broadly follow that described in TR and ST, although there are some strong similarities.

Jeff