Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:22:44 +1200

>Of course, the socieities that DID adopt the Orlanthi ways earliest
>got a significent leg up on the others who resisted or remained
>hiding. Those that did are the tribes we find in the First Age
>history, like the Galaninings, etc.

I would have thought that the Galanini already had a leg-up of their own (through the worship of Hrelar Amali). Moreover in one of the few sources that we have about the Galanini (Bertalor's musings in Elder Secrets), they are described as worshipping Ehilm (although this may be only one tribe).

Jeff:

>Yeah, I remember when we were figuring out First Age population
>growth, adopting the Orlanthi ways (instead of worshipping ghosts,
>and not entirely unfriendly demonic beings) made a huge difference
>in your ability to grow and expand. No wonder Orlanth-embracing
>tribes like the Galaninings ended up dominant.

The trouble with this is that the Galanini are contacted rather late (130 ST) or so at which time they are already well-established. Moreover because of their location, I would have thought they have been invigorated by the pagan Seshnegi (or Tanisor) before the Missionaries found their way to them.

--Peter Metcalfe