Re: Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 05:12:28 -0500

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> At 04:37 AM 7/15/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >JR> Elmal is a sun god last time I checked. [...]
>
> >Perhaps you meant "Ehilm" instead of "Elmal" here? Thar was the deity
> >mentioned.
>
> Jeff is suggesting that the Galanini (or one tribe thereof) adopted the
> worship of Elmal from the Theyalans which was identified by the
> Seshnegi as Ehilm.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew that Yelm was equated with Ehilm as far back as Wyrm's Footnotes, but this is the first time I've heard him conflated with Elmal. Makes sense, though.

Guy

--
--Guy Hoyle

"Live every day as if you're dying Of a contagious disease that turns
people you bite into zombies."
The Onion, January 25, 2006 | Issue 42�04