Re: Re: Orlanth Heroquesting during OiD

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:56:21 -0700

- Richelieu

> That's exactly my point. He's already Illuminated, but if the Lunars realy
> want to get at him they
> need to put him back through the heroquest so they can bushwhack him. In
> fact he is forced
> to allow himself to be bushwhacked if he wants to complete the quest. He
has
> no choice.

Okay, that *is* a useful thing for them to do. If they can. (and from the canon, they didn't seem to manage it). Personally, I don't think they could Seven Orlanth. Kallyr, maybe, but not big O. He was illuminated before the Red Moon ever was.

> Remember, the Lunars have form when it comes to ambushing enemies
performing
> self-resurection
> quests on the Heroplane. They've had practice. But this time it's not to
> wipe him out, oh no, it's
> much more devious than that. It's the Sevening of Orlanth.

But he's already got 49 parts. Sevening would be a step backward.

> The Red Moon is Sedenya's Footstool. What happens when you kick away
> someone's footstool?
>
> Their feet touch the ground.

They fall over and break their hip. :-).

RR