Re: Re: Orlanthi Prostitution

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:21:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 SimonBray_at_... wrote:

> If I remember correctly Greg has stated that their are 'No' sexual
> diseases in Glorantha.

Agreed. My point is that what might be thought to be sexual diseases to our eyes is what the Orlanthi know is really divine retribution.

> I must ask the question, why does everybody want there to be
> prostitutes on every Sartarites village street corners?

I, for one, don't. Prostitutes have never played much of a part in games I'm involved in, and are unlikely to in the future. The origin of the current conversation is due to my assigning implications to a phrase that wasn't meant. (An 'all' women occupation with a name that meant prostitute during a period of history I've recently been reading up on - its easily done.) I still refuse to believe that the Orlanthi have NO prostitutes.

> What about realtionships, Orlanthi marriage customs. Hell if you
> read the Sacred Time calender, you will note that there is an option
> for a lot of bed hopping activity.

Far too much for my interest, and that of my players. Currently their stated aim is 'to get a ship and go sailing.'

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net