Re: Orlanth Heroquesting during OiD

From: Simon Hibbs <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:31:11 +0100

Peter Metcalfe:

>Well, the question is pretty much open-ended. The
>fourty-eighting parts that Roderick spoke of was when
>Orlanth was cut to pieces by Wakboth (KoS p79)
>which doesn't quite feel like a mystical enlightening
>moment to me.

I suppose that's just the difference between a positive/creative and a negative/destructive engagement with The Ultimate. Nietzche again - "That which does not kill me makes me stronger" (ok so maybe Orlanth died, but he got better).

As for sevening versus fourty-eighting, I think gods have more parts than mortals.

Simon Hibbs