Re: Writing my first Lunar adventures - help?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:40:57 -0000

One entertaining game I played in was 'Chaos Squad' where we were all members of an organisation that investigated unlicensed chaos in the city we lived in, Lunopolis (I think its made up. maybe it the name the residents have for the city, and outsiders call it by its real name).

It was a kind of fantasy 'X Files', and great fun!

I think the key is to decide whether you want your players to create any kind of characters that they want, and build a game around that, or alternatively, you tell them where they are all from, and build a game based on that setting. Each can work very well.

I think that 'Fish Rain' in the rulebook would be easy to set in the Lunar Empire.

Thats an easy way to start, and once you start playing I think that you will then find it easier to build a game in the heartlands, based on some characters that have been established after a couple of sessions.

As always I will refer you to the campaign of Laurie & Quedros, and the Parg Addi for ideas.

Regards
Rob