Re: Level of Power of Entities

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 08:24:46 -0000

I was thinking in terms of what makes a story rather than what makes good game mechanics. Once you have the story then you can work out the game mechanics.

My personal take on it is that for some mythic reason the White Bear is momentarily vulnerable, perhaps once a year perhaps less often than that. During this moment many (perhaps most) of his shamen are present to protect the White Bear as he protects them for the rest of the year. Only a Rathori would have access to the myth so the White Bear could only fall to a betrayal of the worst kind.

I agree that even then the White Bear would probably be in the W5-6 range but if Harrek had prepared and armed himself - i.e. if it was a very premeditated betrayal - he could overcome that. It depends on the story - if you want the myth to be "when White Bear became a man to avoid destruction" then perhaps the only significant opposition was from the shamen. Perhaps after the long hibernation the White Bear was a mastery or so below its best because the rituals had not been carried out for a long time.

--
Nic