RE: Heortlings: Sexist/Egalitarian?

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:24:15 -0000

> This is what I mean when I say that Heortling society is
> egalitarian. Some
> other criteria to consider:
>
> Social structure is egalitarian, and gender roles are not
> associated with
> superior or inferior status.

Well, you can make that CLAIM, but I don't see it that way myself.

That said, HW is obviously a bit more politically correct than the real thing - it is after all a 20th C. product. But it does propogate some sexist patterns IMO; frex. if HW presents the IN GAME rationale (biological determinism) as an OUT OF GAME rationale (biological determinism). I do not recall this actually appearing in HW, explicitly, though, but it has been presented here.