Re: List Name (was Runequest 4th Edition)

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:21:15 +0100

Jane:

> This one is described as "Here we focus on how to play
> HeroQuest (formerly Hero Wars) in Glorantha, and are
> especially concerned with introducing newer players to
> the game" and in the rules that come out every month,
> "intended to support people who know about Glorantha
> primarily through the HeroQuest product line".
>
> If there's enough demand for "how to use the RQ4
> Second Age material with HQ rules", then maybe there
> should be a separate list for that?

Speaking for myself, and not with my List Mod hat on, I think that would be unnecessary forking. Discussing Mongoose material as it relates to HQ games seems on-topic for this list to me. And MRQ to HQ rules conversions belong on the hq-rules list, of course, as I assume most people would agree. I think the 'primarily through the HeroQuest product line' clause was, at the time, intended to exclude long-out-of-print RQ material, there being no new, widely available Mongoose information back then. We might want to change the phrasing a little, but I don't see a problem, and I *certainly* don't want to see Yet Another List set up. It must be pretty confusing for newcomers as it is, having three lists and all (not even counting Open HeroQuest, etc.)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic