Re: The Monstrosity

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:32:19 -0000

Hi

> So, what are the possibilities?
>
> -The beast is the son, and he could be killed, but there are some
> possibilities to save him.
>
> -The beast is the son, but he is possessed for an evil, chaotic
> spirit or something like that.
>
> -The beast is not the son, but there is some kind of relation
> between them.
>
> [...]
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

I would say that whatever seems interesting to the players. Option 1 offers some good gaming material, so you will have to figure out a way that they could achieve this.

Also, I don't think that I would describe the kicker as a kicker, as it is defined elsewhere. Its not like they really get a choice is it? The game begins with them hunting this creature who you already know that is the child. Thats not a problem though.

Hey, what if the monster turns out not to be the child, they find the child of the union and it seems fine - until they get him/her/it home when all manner of horror begins to decend on the community.

Maybe the monster is in cahoots with the demonic child. Maybe there is nothing wrong with the child, but the community find out the kid is the product of the incestuous union and want to kiil the child. What do the heroes do then? Oooo, sounds like a lot of fun! :-P

There is similarities with this situation with the Scenario 'Last Days at Skull Point', by Ron Edwards, in the Issaries publication 'Gathering Thunder'.

Regards
Rob