Re: Pavis, old and new [was: What I'd like to see (maybe interest Moon Design)]

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:40:05 -0000

Hi

I also agree that Pavis and the Big Rubble are capable of being a setting that is more in keeping with the current official style of Heroquest. There does seem to be an inherent hangover in style though for this setting. Perhaps it is this which is holding up Chris and his work on Prax?

FWIW I think that the most applicable of all the RQ settings is Borderlands and Griffin Mountain, although with much work from the GM and an effort not just to present them as Runequest scenario's using Heroquest rules, which as I say is a mistake in my opinion, as you can't out-Runequest Runequest with Heroquest. You have to focus on character, community and relationships to evoke the setting.

I have to say one of favourite works was the second age Pavis book. Will mongoose be visiting this I wonder?

Regards
Rob