Re: Pavis, old and new [was: What I'd like to see (maybe interest Moon Design)]

From: Rich Crofts <glarkhag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 23:56:32 -0000

> What's holding it or rather killing it stone dead is the usual
> Greg's usual practice of confining communications to one
> person and then telling him not to communicate anything of
> substance (or for that matter anything at all) to all the other
> hardworking writers on the project.
>
> If you want to know why so few things get published these
> days well then there's a large part of the answer.

..and one other thing.

Is there room for creating a forum for what is and what isn't in the works and providing some accountability around completion of projects if people get dibs on a subject matter.

I was thinking something like optioning as used in the movie industry. You "purchase" an option around a particular screenplay and if you haven't started producing it within twelve months (or the term of the option) you have to renegotiate the option. I am not proposing that these gloranthan options should cost but it would be nice to see some sort of acocuntablity to actually hatch something rather than having people sit on an unfertilised egg for months/years.

Rich