Re: Writing for HeroQuest (and Questworlds)

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:23:29 -0400

CJ wrote:
> Anyway if anyone is at all interested, I have some spare time and
> would be happy to try. I think some concrete suggestions about how to
> pitch, who to,
> and what is expected of authors might do much to provide a fresh
> influx of writers, but if the market demand is not there, well I
> suppose things will
> stay slow. I'm not going to moan about lack of new material, but I'd
> love to see more, even if I have to write it. :)
Back in 2003 I was involved in the Oronin Valley book, tentatively ILH-4. The project aborted when Martin Laurie, the project lead, dropped out of the Glorantha scene. I would still be happy to collaborate on such a project if someone else wants to take the helm. I would lead it myself, but my personal life is too unstable right now to make promises.

As for working with Moon Design, I can't say much other than that working for Mark Galeotti (then with Issaries) on Champions of the Red Moon was a pleasure. I was provided with all the source material that I needed to do the work (draft material from ILH-2) and my deadlines were reasonable considering this was a part-time project for me. Mark promptly responded to my every question and was courteous and informative. I had no trouble from Greg or anyone else concerning the accuracy of my Gloranthan content - in fact, I had expected more feedback in that area and was somewhat disappointed when it didn't happen. Considering what others have said here, I suppose I should count my blessings but I still prefer Greg's approach to Glorantha over just about anyone else's and want what I write to fit his vision and style.

Anyway, I would not hesitate to work with Mark again on any sort of project. If you are at all interested in writing something for HeroQuest, then I strongly urge you to contact Mark or Rick.

~Kevin McDonald