Re: Writing for Glorantha

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:20:48 -0700

Quoting Rich Crofts <glarkhag_at_...>:

> while we wait for Rick to reply, can you tell us what your involvement
> will precisely be from hereon in with regards to publishing of
> Gloranthan material through any of the licenced publishing.

I have the right to do whatever I want at any time. But I won't. I do not any longer have the time or inclination to work exclusively on game products. For a variety of reasons I am going to concentrate on other projects.

The only game project I am gripping with a Hand of Death is the Great Argrath Campaign, which will outline the entire story of the Argraths from Starbrow's Rebellion to the destruction of the Red Moon. I will dump into it all the plans, secrets, half finished ideas and cockamamie schemes to destroy my dear beloved Third Age of Glorantha with flourish, glory and opportunity for PCs to have the rollicking time of their life in a grand mythical story that spans the worlds.

I will be writing more Unfinished Works to share my ideas with everyone. They are scheduled for publication with MD.

I will oversee the Mongoose line to help guide them and, with some help from others they have "employed" as fact checkers, try to keep them from countering too many facts or Truths about Glorantha.

I will give my encouragement, advice and decades of experience to Rick to help him publish the best HeroQuest and QuestWorlds material possible, get it to distributors and keep all you happy.

I will offer my time and energy and attention to authors working on contracted projects for Rick or Mongoose, to help guide them with information or guidelines that I have but which are unpublished. I?ll be publishing some of those discussions as Unfinished Works, and will expect what is not going into the project to be gathered together by the writers as articles for the web site.

I will not be fact checking manuscripts, contributing ideas to authors if I don't have them at the front of my imagination, nor approving or disapproving of Moon Design projects.

I have spent 30 years trying to instruct the world of what Glorantha is and is not. It is time for you secondary creators to hitch up their own horses and drive them forward without my guidance, instruction, guardianship, protection or interference. I sincerely give you all my blessings and best wishes that you pitch headline into the raging river of creativity and get washed along, sputtering and struggling, in its terrifying and exhilarating wake. I encourage all you who are afraid of this water to get over it and throw yourselves foolishly in!

Just remember to use the Submission Guidelines and the American English spell checker!!

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford