RE: Three Mystical Troll tools

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:42:55 -0500

Additional thoughts. Actually cleansing Kigor Litor herself would probably take one humdinger of a heroquest, probably with most of the existing Mistress Race trolls being involved. I think you couild play the three mystic tools both ways, both as real physical items* or as metaphysical things. Wouldn't it be fun if you could substitute the Cloak of Darkness Orlanth stole from KL for the Otherworld Cloak KL needs to avoid Gbaji. I suspect that due to the nature of Gbaji failure at this quest is particularly bad. Though maybe only from a relativistic viewpoint. Change of some sort would definitely be broken. (This really would make one heck of a campaign. The lozenge trotting aspects could be awesome. Say the adamantine claws are now the holy item of some secretive cult of assassins. Maybe the Darkness Cloak is part of the Otherworld Cloak or worse you have to quest to the Darkness Cloak and then use it as the start of another quest dodging angry orlanthi all the way. Perhaps the song is only known by some Doraddi shaman. Cool.

Oliver

*Only two are "items", one of them is a song.