RE: Furries?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:54:53 +0100 (BST)

> Are we discovering a furry-underworld within the
> tribe? If so, it seems to
> have originated at the top :P
>
> (for those who don't know: google for 'furries')

Funnily enough, one of the late-night/early morning conversations at Continuum was about Gloranthan Furries. It covered Telmori, but not, for some reason, Baboons or other simians. We also mentioned their place in the Geek Hierarchy, which none of us could remember properly at the time. For those who aren't familiar with this, it's here:
http://www.brunching.com/images/geekchartbig.gif

I then set myself a hypothetical challenge, looking down the "fanfic" branch, and wondering just how far down it I could drag a Gloranthan story, while still leaving it fun to read, and without clashes with canon.
I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I haven't (yet) worked out how to get StarTrek in there.

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html