Re: Re:Lunar Navy in Karse?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:12:13 -0400

On 10/10/06, Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...> wrote:
> By coincidence we start a Men of the Sea game next Monday whose setting is the first Lunar expeditionary ship to sail the oceans. The crew are commanded a mixture of Lunar scientists, priests, and officials but consist of experienced ocean-going sailors scoured from the ports of Maniria.

In my campaign, which is set currently set in Teshnos and Melib, features a mix of Teshnans, Lunar, and Vithelan Heroes who have all united against the Pirates who are currently terrorizing Verenela.

I asked about the southern Lunar Navy, as a group of VIPs from the Empire (an Illumination Examiner and his staff and bodyguards) are planning to travel to Verenela in order to investigate some newly unearthed Rashoranic artifacts. I had their expedition start their trip by Moonboat, until they reached Pavis, and then took rafts down to Corflu were they would meet a ship taking them to Verenela.

I suppose the only thing I'll have to retcon for my narrative is the nationality of those on the ship they are on - instead of an all Lunar vessel, I'll have it be mercenary ship out of Karse. That will be more interesting in any case, as the heroes have have to convince or bribe the mercenaries to stay and fight the Pirates with them.

--
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."