Re: Krarsht?

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:17:45 +0100

Jane Williams wrote:
> --- Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...> wrote:
>

>> Hi Jane,
>>
>> just as a data point, here is what I used years ago
>> in another game:
>> (3 affinities and a secret, no real write-up, I'm
>> afraid)
>>

> That's great, just what I needed. Theistic, then?

Hum, I wrote that years ago. And unless I have a very good reason not to do so, I treat every NPCs as theistic (as far as the rules go, not in the description of his/her actions). It's easier that way. But, hmm, yes, I would consider Krarsht somewhat theist. Malia is animist, I think. Thanatar more a sorcery guy. I would put Cacodemon in the theist pack too, but wouldn't insist on it. Some kind of Underworld mixed entity ?
Thed, I don't know. Goddess or Great Spirit or neither. In fact, I would gleefully change the nature of the magic given by these entities during the game, just to annoy upstart PCs. Such is Chaos.

> Suits me. And those affinities and feats even tell me
> how the NPC's relationship with the other NPCs around
> works. "Perceive Ambition, Everybody Has a Price...".

In game, I found these to be much more fun to use than the krarshtkids! The Krarshti will sense your PCs inner motivation and may well offer them to give them what they want.
And presto, a swift 'social combat', some relationships/character traits against the Ambition Affinity.

> and at the moment "sense hunger" will be very handy
> (we're playing with vampires)

Oh, I never used it against vampires! My NPC used it to sense Uz, though.

>> * Hunger [Sense Hunger, Empty Stomach, Cutting
>> Teeth, Eat Earth & Stone,
>> Devour Body, Acid Mouth]
>> * Ambition [Perceive Ambition, Unspeakable Oath,
>> Everybody Has a Price,
>> I'll Be the Best, Bow Down Before Me, Understand
>> Power Plays, Create Rumour]
>> * Chaos [Spit Pratzim, Krarshtkid Skin, Hideous Maw,
>> Call Krarshtkid,
>> Multiply Krarshtkid, Dominate Chaos Creature]
>>

> yes, the last few will be the obvious ones.

They are the classical ones, very RQ-like. I'm not entirely satisfied by them, but Hideous Maw is useful to impress people.

  Philippe