Re: Starting a group...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 23:08:37 +0000 (GMT)

> A bit of background: my group are a bunch of
> unapologetic power gamers

> .. I figured I'd try Lunars.

> b) The group will want to play powerful characters
> (not necessarily
> Heroes at the start, but not the "stickpicker" level
> - I personally
> don't mind that, but I know my group).

> What should we look for in terms of published
> adventures? I don't like
> the idea of making my players read the Lunar
> handbook before play,
> either; anyone have any suggestions for a brief
> summary that will at
> least kick us off into the "create-as-you-go"
> character generation?

Just an idea, but how about taking Tarsh Wars as a starting point? The characters are ready-defined for you, though not in full HQ terms, there's a loose plot ready to go. And they're probably the sort of power level you'd enjoy.

Anyone tried this?

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html