Re: Eastern Islands: jungle, monkeys, temple and Extended Contests

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:43:11 -0000

Re. the players, I donīt think you should assign a leader unless they suggest it - try to let them choose who is the actor each go and the others can augment. That works in my experience.

If the contest is taking too long, just rank up the bids and with it, hopefully, the drama. In theory, the players ought to do that too, naturally.

I have given my players stupidly difficult opponents in the past, with stupidly high abilities and stupidly high APīs. I think that just got them going - in a way, I think they are more likely to win this sort of EC than the lower point one, as it seems more important.

Sam.

p.s. The other thing I think no-one mentioned yet is: have one or more of them taken off in a raid. PM me if you want my suggestion, one I have used in the past and hope to use again in the future.