Everyday Resistances.

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:16:29 -0600

I'm not getting you, Donald. You seem to contradict me and support me in the same breath. And your percentages are just off. You're not using HW ability checks, are you?

In any case, if it's dramatic for you, then roll for it. I don't think we're really at odds on that point. If they fail, and it's dramatic, then I don't think that you can say that it's somehow indicative of the ongoing ability of the character to survive with that skill. But that may just be me.

My point is that a farmer with a 17 should, in my opinion, be able to survive. He won't do great, but he won't die, either, with some help from his community. But that's despite the fact that if you have him rolling daily against a default 14 resistance that he's going to have a nearly 50% failure rate. The rules say explicitly that they do not represent this sort of simulation.

Mike

WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live Sweepstakes http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/