Re: What's a Keyword?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:39:52 -0600

>From: "Roderick Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>
>
>Actually, farming makes sense even for "urban" Heortlings

Truth be told, I agree with you. Leastways I didn't know enough about Boldhome to be able to contradict the keyword based on my knowledge of the canon. I would only have done so on my own personal vision of Boldhome.

The point being that, for my purposes, the whole "Heortlings and Farming" issue is an accident in that I chose that ability at random essentially.

The question that the example is supposed to be asking is, "Suppose we have two characters, both putatively from the same culture in an in-game sense of the name of the culture, but who actually come from substantively different cultures...do we give them the same Homeland Keyword, or do we tailor it to the actual experience of the character in his local culture if it actually varies at that gross level?"

I hope that other discussions of the whole Heortling Farming issue are productive for others, but they're not at all what I'm trying to discuss, and I find that issue not to be an issue.

Mike

Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/