Band Wyters

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:50:16 -0000

I would be interested in people's thought's on band level wyters.
  1. OK so it includes herobands.
  2. carpenters band, people working pasturages are mentioned see below.

What do people think of the following as 'bands' that might have a wyter, in a clan - let's try to find one for everyone :)

3: The clan warband
4: The fyrd
5: The Women's circle and The carls (i.e. farmers). These seem quite
large almost clan wyter level. Are band wyters supposed to be smaller i.e. stead level (or even smaller)? The pasturage and carpenters comment seem to imply this to me. Am I reading this right? Would there be a Solid Oak Stead wyter. Or would the distinction need be more fine grained. The Solid Oak Stead Loom House wyter, The Solid Oak Stead farmers wyter.

Thoughts?

Ian