RE: Backstory skills

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:17:55 +0000 (GMT)

> >From: "Joerg Baumgartner" <joe_at_...>
> >
> >Childhood expertises can be astonishingly high
> skills, and aren't
> >necessarily forgotten as adults.
>
> This is a fascinating and true point. I was
> astonished to find, when I
> became an adult that I was already better than many
> adults at certain things.

And there are subjects where, if I wish to know more, I consult an expert who happens to be thirteen. Children have those narrative abilities too :)

> I usually allow the player to augment with their
> relationship to said blacksmith parent.

Good idea! There are then special cases like the Humakti who has severed said relationship but may still retain the knowledge (or would they?), but as a general idea it looks good. My knowledge of Landrovers is definitely a 6 with a large "married to mad husband" augment :)

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html