Re: Some Parameters for HeroQuesting

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:32:12 -0800

> Does it make a difference that the sunstop occured after the start of time
> (assuming I have that right)? That is, are things that are entered into
> the
> mythic record less permanent if they're from after the dawn?

I'd say that they are less likely to "get entered into the mythic record" if they happen after the start of History. There is some concentration of Otherworldly influence needed to get a Historical (ie, after the Compromise/SunRise/whatever you might call it) event into the heroplane. When Orlanth and the boys go raiding during the Storm Age (Pre history), there is that concentration of Otherworldly power, because they are all gods. But if Joe and Bob and Sue Orlanthi go raiding, there's...nothing.

The Sunstop didn't have a concentration of Otherworldly energy - it had very diffuse Otherworldly energy. Not enough to push it "over the threshold" into the heroPlane.

The Battles of Night and Day, or Castle Blue, or the Red Moon returning from Hell - those are suitable concentrations.

What's the threshold? I dunno, and it may vary anyway.

RR