Kalikos and the Icebreaker Quest

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:32:43 -0800 (PST)

     What can anyone tell me about the Icebreaker Quest? We need to know this to work it into an upcoming game. I know that members of the hero cult of Kalikos take off from one of the northern ports every year to battle the ice demons of Valind's Glacier (basically, what's in Life of Moonson), but that's about it.

     What we have decided was a strong possibility is that Kalikos was actually a Vingan. Over many years, Vingans were encouraged to settle in the northern areas, where their Defender's Wind (the warm wind from the south) was perfect for helping the locals cope with the dire cold, and to keep year-round ice-free ports. We figure that this is not known widely, if at all. It may be, or may have been, a High Priestess to High Priestess kind of handover. At some point, the chain may have been broken. The opportunities for Orlanthi disruption of this quest are pretty obvious, if it becomes known that Kalikos is essentially a Vingan cult.

Thanks, Alison

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games. http://games.yahoo.com/games/front