Re: Re: Need ideas for The End of The World

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:19:16 -0500

I've got to agree with Sam here. You don't want it to become too much of a "they must choose the right one" thing. Drives players nuts, that does. (Well, some players really like that - I am not one of them.)

Make it clear that this is their chance to bring their campaign to an end.

I would even ask before hand (if you can) what THEY would like to see as ways to end this and defeat the KoW. Work those options into the council as well.

On January 31, 2007 09:08 am, Sam Elliot wrote:
> Also, I as a player would want to take several of those elements and
> stick them together (as above) - I think there are neat ideas and it
> would be a shame to limit them to only one of them. With those
> possibilities, they´ll likely come up with something fun.

That's what I am thinking. They are either going to try and do them all, or they are going to piece-meal it. Now, I understand not wanting them to think that they can just pick one without thinking it through. I think you should let them know that each has its own perils and difficulties and chances of success. It will be which ones they can execute best (and, let's face it, have the most fun with) that they should use as a guide.

> My suggestion then, would be to be quite explicit in saying that
> there is no right answer, they do not need to pixel-bitch (I love
> that phrase!).

Oooh! what's the origin of that phrase and what exactly does it mean?