Re: Kalikos and the Icebreaker Quest

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:38:01 -0000

> Ah, that looks like useful info. Thanks, David.

Also, in Greg's story about Kalikos Icebreaker, he's a he. He was a human who lived in the Great Darkness and from too far north to be associated with the Heortlings or other Orlanthi folk. He fought against Valind's Glacier which covered Peloria and made land for his people.

Definitely not a Vingan.

> Though if Alison wants a horse-nomad version of Vinga,
> I can do this. Might be worth taking off this list, as
> it starts doing radical things with moderately obscure
> sources, but it can be done.

There might be a Hyaloring version of Vinga (known throughout the Saird basin)- the goddesses Vinga, the Red Woman, Redaylde, Reladiva, and Hwarin Dalthippa have probably all been identified (possibly mistakenly) with each other. However, I strongly doubt there is a Pentan Vinga. Additionally, Vinga just isn't that big of a goddess - her cult might not even be universal throughout all the Orlanthi lands, let alone outside of Orlanthi lands (fwiw, I think the cult of Vinga is probably most popular in Saird and Kethaela).

Jeff