Re: Re: Moon Design - HeroQuest and QuestWorlds update

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:40:11 -0500

I, for one, am ecstatic at the news, since I got into HQ because of its potential as a generic engine. (I only fell in love with Glorantha on the side.)

I've used it for a Firefly-esque game, and a Pulp-adventure style one as well.

It does lots of genres very well as a core engine.

The main problems I've ever had with it were HP and advancement (mechanically it often seems to get in the way) and the whole "unlearning what you have learned" aspect of approaching rolls for conflicts rather than tasks.

LC