Re: Re: Where to next?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:05:56 +0000 (GMT)

> I must not be the only one loving Glorantha for its
> "ancient" and "pagan" feel.

No, you're not.

> I for one don't like "the west" - too much clerical
> and med fan for me.

And for me. It's mainly male-dominated, too.

But the question was what one particular author should write about. And, naturally, he writes about subjects that interest him.

> BUT i wonder why some packs, backing on years
> of playing and ideas sharing, wait under the sea.

My guess would be that the people with an interest in writing them and enough knowledge of the subject to do so have run out of at least one of energy, inspiration, time, enthusiasm, are having health/RL problems.... you name it. Producing something book-sized in your spare time is not a trivial job (unless you're a genius, like Trotsky obviously is). I know for certain that that's what's happened to Sun County: I was the only one left who had the enthusiasm, and then I hit health problems that mean I've been drastically cutting back on "spare time" activities, not taking on new large projects.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk