Re: Re: Enchanting?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:17:46 -0500

>From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
>
> > But I can see Wizardry producing magic swords that "almost anyone"
> > can use. I think this is partially reflected in the rules.
>
>Correct.

As I like to think about it, God made everything, and all this is doing is divining the underlying principles of the universe by which He nmade it. Meaning that anyone can use this magic, just as anyone can pick up a rock and throw it (though it's much more complex, obviously). God does not meddle in people's lives while they live, so as to allow for freewill.

The question of how God will feel about what you've done with his magic is only answered after you die, and he accepts you into Solace, or sends you to hell. The sorcerer is gambling that solace is a story created by liturgists to keep people in line, and that there is nothing after death (or is simply thumbing his nose at God). So why not use the magic as you see fit?

Or, as Crowley wrote, "... do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." :-)

Mike

Live Search Maps � find all the local information you need, right when you need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01