Re: Enchanting?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:00:13 +0000 (GMT)

> A quickie thumb rule would be to use the Modifiers
> to Magic chart on 100,
> and play with the Duration column.

> Similarly, if you want to reduce the time, treat the
> "Duration" column as
> the amount of time cut from the time needed to do
> the ritual - if you want
> to do your 7-hour Ritual in only 6.5 hours, take a
> -3 penalty, and if you
> want to do it in only 1 hour (-6 hours), take a -12
> penalty.

Hang on a minute (brain ticking away slowly here)

So you want to do a ritual, and you have a suitable item, person, whatever, that would give you a +3 if you used it. But using it will make the ritual last longer.

>Per the "Preparation" section on page 102, it's at
> least 1 hour per +3 augment (from all sources).

One hour longer. But you're in a hurry. So you flip back to page 100, and decide to skip that hour. Giving yourself a -6 to add to the +3. Wouldn't it be easier just to not bother using the item?

I like the concept. It's a real shame the Numbers stop it from working. That's Numbers for you :(

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk