Re: Enchanting?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:42:48 +0000 (GMT)

>> Hey, I *said* this was a quickie and I hadn't put
> any thought into it!

And you still come up with better ideas without thinking than most of us manage after hours of painful struggle.

> It's
> also using the Mod chart in a way that was never
> intended to be used. Not
> the fault of the rules, just of me :-(

It's the fault of Numbers. They're out to get us.

> Oh well, back to the drawing board. We can't
> *always* recycle stuff.

OK.... like we usually say, never mind the numbers, feel the story. What would happen in a story? You've got a Magical Widget. You want to use it to help you do some Magical Thing. And you can't be bothered to spend the time to make sure you're using it properly, and it's happy with things, and is properly integrated in with everything else. I reckon this is either going to work fine, or go Horribly Wrong. And to my mind, that means a rolled augment.

Somehow we'd have to make things so that on average, the augment you get is lower than you'd have got if you'd taken the time. Over to people who understand Numbers for that (and possibly the Rules list?) But does the concept help?

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk