Re: Re: Conflicts, contests and heroquests

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:55:47 +0100 (BST)

> Olli
>
> >So I guess the question really is, what kinds of
> conflicts should I
> >resolve as contests in heroquests and in what kind
> of myths. ...

> This sounds like Pendragon opposed trait rolls to
> me.
>
> Which aren't normally called for. But a heroquest is
> a different
> case. You know the myth, so you will ignore the love
> interest. But
> are you being sincere? If sincerity matters, then
> you'd call for a
> roll (Love <someone> vs Community: <heroquest
> sponsor>).

Ah, thanks! I'd always wondered what to use as the opposition. Relationship to the HQ sponsor, of course. The questor's desire to succeed, effectively. In an initiation or devotion quest, that would be his piety, presumably.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk