Re: Durbandath

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:33:15 +0000

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:57:51 -0000, "Steve McFarland" <steve.mcfarland_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

>I am new to this group but have been playing Hero Wars for a while
>now and am part of the group that has Wulf Corbett as referee and

Evening Steve. Actually, Andrew Graham was narrating that one (he wrote the HQ too).

>The follower that I have acquired is a ex-Durbandathi, she had to give
>up her worship of Durbandth to get off the Hero plane with our group

To be more complete, she had to agree to journey with us as 'friends' or at least comrades, as we couldn't take her back otherwise (apparently not allowed from an Otherworld, I'm assured). We discussed (far too little, as there were those disinterested in the politics of a Lunar warrior being introduced into our Clan) the problems of releasing her back in our time (she rushes off and tells her boss "Hey! there's a Clan out there that's pretty powerful at HQ - better sort them out!"), leaving her on the Hero Plane to become a thrall, making her a thrall in our time (we don't do thralls) or killing her off (once secured, most of us don't kill prisoners). We decided on taking her back, but not risking releasing her to tell her folks. Naturally, she couldn't continue worshipping a Solar deity (what Clan would allow that?), so she was put into Steve's Yinkin's care - just as he wanted. (And, just exactly - barring being captured in an Otherworld - as my own character was once introduced to the Clan. Lack of time/interest to properly roleplay that out prevented a full discussion of matters, but I was simply playing out a convert to the Heortling way - no-one as fanatic as a convert).

I've had enough votes against me today without being misrepresented here! There was never the slightest intention of preventing the ex-Solar becoming a Follower, it was just a bit of Roleplay that was decided on as unimportant by others. As far as I can see, the proper Heortling way to deal with it would be a summary execution.

Wulf