Re: Elk and moose

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:59:42 -0000

> All right, I think this is a question of European vs American
> scientists at work here. I suspect your books are a bit "English" with
> that whiff of Eastern (well, it's east of ME) mysticism and your
> online source has a German domain, while all my books are proper
> American SCIENCE! and my online sources have good, proper, normal,
> .edu domains. ;)

Hmm. My texts agree with Ttrotsky's. As does my Peterson's Guide. Taxonomic classifications are usually pretty rigorous - it's one of the few things one can rely on. However, there may have been a reclassification. From the name, it may be you are thinking of the white tailed deer, rather than the elk, as you quote the red deer. Neither of these resemble the elk or the moose.

That said, there are Damali and Alekki in Wenelia - just damned few of them. No predator hsunchen of any sort though. They seem to have been exterminated sometime in the First Age according to my notes.

Jeff