On No They're Not! Re: Oh yes, there are foxes.

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:53:58 -0000

Not even close to being hsunchen, according to the description on the Issaries website I helped write.

> > So where did this "there are none, period" idea come
> > from?

That would be...

> From me.
> In my Glorantha there are not hsunchen for every sort of animal,
not
> even for every sort of mammal.
> Foxes are one type of critter which has no hsunchen form.
> The elurae are vixen-like critters, but not hsunchen.

> Sincerely,
> Greg Stafford

Yep. Quite categorically. I recall the discussion vividly.

Otherwise there would have been fox hsunchen in "Blood over Gold" as well as a few other things I've written. As it is, I have had to make due with lutrai and the powerful fox-totem worship practiced by many Wenelians. Foxes are, it seems, mostly divine. We have a plethora of fox and vixen gods. Even one of the Sartarite clans, the Jenstani I think, are descended from or have a tuletary link to a red fox god.

Jeff