Re: Durbandath

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:27:29 +0000

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:02:58 +1300, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:

>>Naturally, she couldn't continue worshipping a Solar deity (what Clan
>>would allow that?),
>
>So why do they have Elmal then?

But Elmal did not continue to give worship (or whatever deities give to one another) to Yelm - he deserted Yelm and accepted Orlanth's hospitality. He brought his own powers with him. How is a lone Durbandathi (even a Devotee) to do that? Can she continue to worship Durbandath on her own to sufficient depth to retain her magic? I somehow can't see us wandering up to the nearest Solar/Lunar temple and saying "Excuse us, this is one of yours, she wants to do a quick bit of worship, then come back with us". Even though our campaign is set some undefined time BEFORE the Lunar invasion (we'll decide exactly when when we see Sartar Rising), that sounds a little high-profile. Likewise, I can't see the Clan authorising her setting up a Durbandath shrine on the Tula (it would be unique, mind you...). At best, she's going to be a lapsed Durbandathi with no magic at all.

I cannot see our Clan accepting the loyalty of a Lunar (she was working for the Lunars who tried to sabotage our HQ - and damn near succeeded!) enough to let her back amongst her folks for her cult duty. She didn't exactly run to join us, the Yinkini leapt out of the Moonboat while grappling her!

Wulf