Re: Re: Humakti in the Vineyard- or how do I get there.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:27:26 +0100 (BST)

> > I have not read Dogs' but I fail to see why this
> thread needs porting.
> > Its about using Glorantha is possibly a non canon
> way.
>
> Er, because DitV is not HeroQuest, and we were a
> HeroQuest/QuestWorlds/Mythic Russia list not a
> specifically Gloranthan one
> last time I looked? I mean sure we have mainly
> Gloranthan discussion, but I
> like the fact this list is about the HQ system.

Oh, you were going to use DitV rules, not just the DitV concept?

> HQ is very usable outside of Glorantha _ I ran a
> really fun Harry Potter
> style game set in Greyfriars last uing the system
> last week. I did not post
> on it because I know as I said we are primarily
> Gloranthan here, but hey it
> is the *HeroQuest* list. :)

I wish you had, that sounds like fun.

> In Dogs the religious zealots make up their own
> morality - its about PLAYERS
> making moral chouices, not characters. I tried ot
> play once at a onvention
> and based my character actions on early-Mormon
> theology, which I happen to
> have read up on a bit. This actually ruined the
> game, and the gM had to say
> "look the Faith is not defined - this i snot about
> your character living up
> to some set of ideals or right behaviour, but you
> making the choices necessary."

I'm not sure I understand that. You have to base your morality on *something*, surely? And the actions are those of your character, so the morality is that of your character.

But if not - in a Gloranthan setting, that sounds like a group of Illuminated PCs to me. And in HQ rules, probably the develop as you play form of chaarcter generation: add moral values as you invent them.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/