Re: Mythic Russia Supplement?

From: Mark Galeotti <markgaleotti_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:43:35 -0000

Of course -- thanks for asking!

The Companions (there will be a better title, but I haven't thought of one -- suggestions, anyone?) are intended not to dilute the standalone nature of the core book, but provide new cultures and keywords, adventures, story seeds, characters, etc to enrich play.

They will be sold as PDFs, although there will be a print-on-demand option for those who like their hardcopy. The first I hope to release late summer, and will focus on the Golden Horde, including a major exploration of the Bashkorts, one of the Horde's constituent peoples, from Simon Phipp, as well as more story seeds, keywords, etc.

The second is very provisionally scheduled to be released at the Furnace gaming convention (http://www.rpgfurnace.com/) in October and will instead look at the Baltic region, including a full scenario.

The even-more-provisional third issue, which may be ready for the end of the year, will look at either Russia in general or Kiev in particular -- probably the latter.

If anyone would like to contribute anything (whether or not it falls in the remit of these first three issues) do get in touch at tsar x_at_x just be a quick story seed or an interesting narrator character, it could be a full-blown scenario, it could be anything in between. Due credit will obviously always be given, and substantive contributions will net the author a free copy of that issue.