RE: Re: kings & queens; Vinga

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:51:18 +0000

> From: "Gareth Martin" <gamartin_at_...>
>But that is precisely the problem - that they have to jump through hoops as
>a special case of the "job of men".

They don't have to wear trousers and skirts. Many do. They could wear trousers, skirts or just woad. I don't remember it being a restriction (unlike for example beards for Lhankor Mhy).

>> This is opposed to Babeester Gor warrior women, who don't behave like
>> normal women and thus don't wear the overdress.
>
>Right, so here we have the attribution of "unnatural" to violent women. I
>know babeester gor is deliberately intended to be somewhat off the beaten
>path, but it is not legitimate to say that women have equal opportunities if
>they have to abandon their sex (babeester) or permanently flag the fact that
>they are not a "normal" warrior (dyed hair and skirt) in order to follow the
>path of blood.

Technically, Babeester Gor followers don't behave like normal people (men, women, warriors - whatever). Women have further choices than that, I believe. Erantha Gor, Humakt, and possibly Maran Gor, Elmal, and Urox.

>> at least the KoDP sense, auxiliaries are Ernalda women). Vinga
>> herself may have mythically been a defender, but that doesn't mean
>> her followers have to be, and her magic in Hero Wars certainly isn't
>> defensive-only.
>
>But the keyword description to the PLAYER certainly is.

Part of it (one affinity from three). Much less defensive in practice than say Elmal. Deadly Javelin throw doesn't seem very defensive to me.

Thom